Dr. habil. Orbulov Imre Norbert
|Status:||associate professor, vice head of the department|
|Building, room:||fsz. 062/a|
|E-mail:||orbulov [at] eik.bme.hu (email@example.com)|
|Speciality:||Metallic foams, mechanical testing, composites, porous structural materials, metal foams|
Casting, powder metallurgy
Ceramics and Metal Matrix Composites
Ceramics and composites
Energetic Materials Engineering
Fatique and Fracture
Fatique and Fracture
Consulting hours: Monday 8-10, after prior check-in
Investigation of mechanical and microstructural properties of metal matrix composites and metallic foams. Especial interest on the compressive properties and the characteristics of the interface layer between the matrix and the reinforcement.
- Educational background
2001-2006: MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
2010-: Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
2009-2010: Assistant Lecturer, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Academic degrees
2015 Dr. -habil
2009 PhD, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Géza Pattantyús-Ábrahám Doctoral School of Mechanical Engineering, title: Metal Matrix Syntactic Foams, supervisors: János Dobránszky, PhD and Árpád Németh, dr. univ.
- Language skills
2008 German, Basic level
2002 English, Intermediate level
Scientific or public activities, memberships
- 2012- Hungarian Academy of Engineering, member
- 2012- Hungarian Association for Material Testing, member
- 2010- Public Body of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, member
- 2010-2012 European Society for Composite Materials (ESMC), member
- 2008- Hungarian Society of Materials Science, member
- 2008-2010 European Society for Composite Materials (ESMC), member
- Science Conference of Students
(1) Modelling of Metal Matrix Syntactic Foams; (2) Microstructural Investigation of Metal Matrix Syntactic Foams with Heat-treatable Al Alloy Matrix; (3) Investigation of the Infiltration of Hollow Microspheres; (4) Production and Investigation of Double Composites
- BSc and MSc thesis works
(1) Production and Investigation of Bimodal Metal Matrix Syntactic Foams; (2) Investigation of Infiltration between Ceramic and Metallic hollow spheres
Production, Optimisation, Investigation and Modelling of Hollow Sphere Reinforced Metal Matrix Composite Systems
Orbulov IN, Májlinger K: Characteristic compressive properties of hybrid metal matrix syntactic foams, Materials Science and Engineering A (IF=2.108), 606 (2014) 248-256.
Orbulov IN: Metal matrix syntactic foams produced by pressure infiltration—The effect of infiltration parameters, Materials Science and Engineering A (IF=2.108), 583 (2013) 11-19.
Orbulov IN, Májlinger K: Description of the compressive response of metal matrix syntactic foams, Materials & Design (IF=2,913), 49 (2013) 1-9.
Orbulov IN: Compressive properties of aluminium matrix syntactic foams, Materials Science and Engineering A (IF=2.108), 555 (2012) 52-56.
Orbulov IN, Ginsztler J: Compressive characteristics of metal matrix syntactic foams, Composites Part A (IF=2,744), 43 (2012) 553-561.